- Know her goals/values
- Ask her what her big goals are
- Listen without judgement, encourage her goals
- Then, ask: What do you think you need in order to get there? Who do you need to BE in order to achieve that?
- Let her be the guide in coming up with a plan
- Ask: What support do you need from me?
- Really listen to what she has to say!
- Know what she values
- Winning/being the best -> Make it competitive
- Having fun -> Make it fun!
- Friendships -> Get her an accountability partner
- Lists/Achievements -> Calendar/accountability system
You can really help create a supportive, encouraging, and inspiring environment by supporting your daughter in these ways and helping to enable her to take her own action and create her own motivation.
- Visit our podcast website for more on this episode
- Download the free resources we’ve created for you
- Join us inside our FREE Facebook Group – The Elite Competitor Society – for weekly Q&A, periodic trainings and challenges, and the support of an amazing community of moms, coaches, and the men who partner with us!